Engineers specialised in digital electronics get to work on just about every hardware object people use everyday, such as televisions and sound systems, but also on more complex products such as submarine navigation systems and space satellites. What makes it possible for them to grasp such a variety of industries? Curiosity and eagerness to learn. However, these two qualities can be put to use differently depending on where you chose to become a digital electronics engineer. Jean-François Bacardatz, Head of Expleo’s Electronic Equipment Offer, tells us what main aspects of his job make him believe that it’s the ideal company to kick off your career.
I started my career as an electronics engineer 20 years ago. After specialising in aeronautics and working in another consultancy company, I decided to join Expleo to further my career with stronger managerial skills and work on a wider variety of projects across all industrial sectors. Since then, I have fully completed these goals as I was given the opportunity to structure the company’s electronics offer. Not only I love managing and representing my team, I discuss everything that’s new in the electronics industries with our clients. Here are the five main aspects of my Expleo experience that make me say it’s the best place to become a digital electronics engineer.
- Cross-sector Career Paths: At Expleo, electronics engineers get to work on projects in almost every industry, from aeronautics to space to automotive, for clients that are leaders in their respective markets. Every project is a great way to challenge what you already know about a specific sector, then enrich that with other ways of thinking and methodologies specific to the new sector you’re working on. We’re exposed to a wide variety of expertise in a short amount of time, which enables us to reach high technical levels, which is not necessarily doable in other companies.
- In-house Lab & Next-Gen Equipment: We have two electronics laboratories with state-of-the-art equipment in Europe. These spaces enable us to develop cutting-edge products for our clients, from design to specifications to production while working directly with other “in-house” teams. This organisation enables us to sharpen our electronics skills while remaining in contact with our Expleo colleagues from other teams so we never feel isolated.
- Expertise & Excellence: We work as a true engineering office, working on a fixed-price and typically as part of three member teams. This model means we take possession of a product’s entire lifecycle to contribute to its design, development, requirements and specifications. At Expleo, every digital electronics engineer can put 100% of their skills to use while constantly enriching them thanks to fieldwork.
- Collaborative Teams: At Expleo, we are united, whether with those in the same specialism or complementary teams working on a project. This helps us tackle challenges together and learn from one another. We can quickly get up to speed with the specific considerations that impact an industry with the confidence that our colleagues are there to help us. At the same time, there will always be someone available to help you out if you need a hand.
- A Career Path Built Just for You: Expleo works in every sector and role in the electronics industry you can think of, so you can easily move from one professional field to another to diversify your skills according to your interests. We help you achieve this thanks to our specialised training courses supervised by more experienced peers, and you can develop certain skills depending on the client projects you’re working on. For example, some engineers wish to become experts in FPGA or electronic support, others are interested in a more managerial or commercial pathway, as a team or project manager.