Looking beyond completion of the implementation programme for Market-wide Half-ourly Settlement (MHHS), Utility Week, in association with Expleo, asks industry leaders how significantly they believe it will change the energy market. What is its role in the net zero transition, will it support business model innovation and what risks accompany the opportunities it offers? Find out what they say in our report.
Market-wide settlement reform – A moment of opportunity?
Topics explored in the report include:
- Supplier plans for MHHS-enabled tariff innovation
- How suppliers might bridge capability and resource gaps to bring these new products to market
- The anticipated explosion in data service offerings
- The significance of smart metering as a dependency for MHHS value
- Worries about the scope for consumer detriment in a world of MHHS
- The potential for high levels of consumer engagement in demand side flexibility to drive unintended consequences on the power grid