Meeting the challenges of mobility with SNCF Réseau
Managing the second largest European rail network with 28,000 km of tracks and one of the largest high-speed line network represents many challenges for SNCF Réseau, mainly:
- The need for modernisation and digitisation of railway tracks The network’s modernisation will lead to an increase in capacity, safety, regularity, and greater interoperability. It will pave the way for automation and driverless trains. This requires the deployment of the European Rail Traffic Management System (ERTMS) to enable the standardisation of the system on a European scale.
- Mobility for everyone, everywhere with optimal use of the existing network and increased use of shorter lines to better serve local communities.
- A safer network by developing a rail system security policy guaranteeing the safety of all passengers.
In the context of an increasingly competitive market (particularly with the liberalisation of France’s rail transport), SNCF Réseau has chosen Expleo to successfully deliver this project and obtain specialist support.
SNCF Réseau partners with Expleo to address today’s Mobility challenge
A partner of SNCF Réseau for more than 10 years, EXPLEO supports the transformation of the network through various services, in particular:
- Modernisation of railway infrastructure and signalling: More than 300 Expleo engineers have recognised skills covering all areas of signalling. Our internal academy structurally develops our employees’ skills, more than 500 engineers have been trained to work in the sector since 2021. Our engineering services offering provides a large-scale response to accelerate the deployment of ERTMS at SNCF Réseau.
- Project management: Expleo oversees the projects’ operational management on behalf of SNCF Réseau and offers support to deploy new tools for studies.
- Safety and security improvement: Expleo steers projects on behalf of SNCF Réseau, such as purchasing equipment or upgrading it; projects involving renewing or modernising the transport system; as well as certification and monitoring of transport system safety equipment.
Our ability to develop solutions in a Skills’ Centre and our capacity for innovation allow us to position ourselves on end-to-end projects combining engineering and delivery
A successful partnership between SNCF Réseau and Expleo
Expleo’s expertise in the railway sector, with engineers benefiting from many years of experience, brings multidisciplinary know-how to SNCF Réseau. The partnership between SNCF Réseau and Expleo has contributed to:
- The modernisation of network operations via the signalling and network digitisation projects partly carried out by Expleo.
- Creating value for customers by maximising their access to the rail network, by processing information and data in real time for a better passenger experience.
- Providing a high level of security and safety: through the deployment of a constant and innovative safety policy, through clearly defined processes and resources.
DIRECTOR OF ENGINEERING FOR THE SOUTHEAST ZONE
INNOVATION MANAGEMENT & SOLUTIONS