- Stirling Dynamics is an Expleo company that designs control systems to provide course autopilot and hover control for a range of submarine platforms.
- Using our developed submarine dynamic simulation modelling toolsets and capabilities we provide mathematical models from which we develop the control algorithms and safety critical software that will be deployed direct to the control computers.
- Our simulation models can be further deployed for synthetic evaluation and training systems.
- For existing platforms we can support initial project stages, undertaking system identification sea trials to determine the boat dynamic characteristics. These trials might be necessary in the absence of the specific manufacturer’s data, effectively “reverse-engineering” the submarine model.
- Capability delivered to 11 different navies around the world.
- We model the submarine – using digital twins and simulation – considering influences such as buoyancy, hydrodynamics, hydrostatics and sea states.
- Representation of further platform management systems and actuation systems allows us to assess and analyse the submarine performance in a virtual environment.
- At-Sea Trials Support and Post Trials Tuning of control systems.
- Part of Expleo’s DesignSmart / SimulationSmart digital offering.
- Robust control system that has been applauded by commanders.
- Demonstrated modelling toolsets and capabilities.
- Systems that can providing increased autonomy, reducing operator workload and operational costs.